Custom Orthotics in Fredericksburg, VA & Stafford, VA
3D printed custom orthotics offer precision and comfort
The doctors and staff at Rappahannock Foot & Ankle Specialists are at the cutting edge of new technology and products that will give our patients the best results possible, so they can live an active and healthy lifestyle.
As part of our commitment to innovation, our clinic offers FitStation powered by HP, which combines 3D foot scanning with dynamic gait analysis to enable both orthotic recommendations and 3D printed custom orthotics. The doctors at Rappahannock Foot & Ankle Specialists will analyze your findings and prescribe 3D printed custom orthotics for you.
The lattice-design of the 3D printed custom orthotic is superior in every way because they are lightweight and comfortable while helping to correct the biomechanical problems that lead to pain and discomfort.
- 3D printed custom orthotics allow your foot specialist to design a device that has more precision and comfort than ever before.
- For areas of your foot where more biomechanical control is needed, the 3D printer fills the lattice-spaces without making the orthotic thicker or heavier.
- Other segments of the foot may require more, or less, support and flexibility. 3D printing can achieve all of this through more or less filling of the lattice-framework without the bulkiness or other custom orthotics.
- Our 3D printed orthotics are thin and lightweight, so they will fit most of your footwear.
- By wearing your 3D printed custom orthotics as prescribed, you will be pain free faster!
About 3D printing
3D printing, also called additive manufacturing, is known to be very precise, and therfore, more reliable than error-prone manual manufacturing, which has dominated the custom orthotic industry since the 1950's. Unfortunately, 3D printing custom orthotics had not been an option due to slow printing speeds and materials that lacked accuracy, durability and comfort.
HP Inc. broke through those barriers through the introduction of a revolutionary Multi Jet 3D printer, patented bio-compatible nylon printing powder and lattice-design that offers unprecedented comfort and control, while maintaining a thin profile that will fit in most shoes.
If you’re interested in what custom orthotics could offer your feet and ankles, and to schedule your appointment today call us at (540) 371-2724.